Thursday, August 2, 2007

Summ(ero)tica



It was amazing! The opening reception for Summerotica - the inaugural exhibit of the MidWest Society of Erotic Photography was this past Saturday, July 28th at Severance Gallery and I met so many wonderful people!

First there was BT Charles, Irakly Shanidze, Patty Izzo, Allan Teger and VATO, all of whom I've already met and had the fortune to speak to about our craft. I've seen Chris Maher and DVS around at other group exhibitions that we'd been at - like The Dirty Show - but I never approached either before because I've always been so intimidated and shy about meetings these "Greats." I also went to dinner before the show with Iris Dassault and her husband, my agent Adam Owen Layne and his wife and their girlfriend, Jim Young and his wife and business partner, Gary M and Stephen Thorne. The highlight of my night was meeting Dave Levingston - who I actually first discovered a year ago on deviantART and was thrilled to find out was part of MWSEP and would be at the exhibition!

I still haven't had the fortune of meeting Cheryl Button, CKreationz, Johnny Flamethrower, AJ Kahn, Frank Piccolo, Bob Pope, and Bob Randall, but their work at the show was stunning! The show runs through Saturday, August 25th and there's some rumours that there may be a mid-Show reception or Closing Reception, so stay tuned for details!

No comments: