Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Vegas, Baby, Vegas!

I haven't been on a vacation in nearly 10 years... and now I have an amazing chance to go to Sin City (hotel and airfare paid for me) for five exciting days and four glorious nights beginning next week, so I'm taking the opportunity and seizing it by the... you know, the horns!
 
Fantastic news, right?  Yes!  So what's the downside?  I'm a starving artist...  So while I wouldn't mind if my vacation was just me lounging by the pool for the entire vacation, it might be nice to actually go out to dinner and see a few shows.  So I begged, I pleaded, I prodded and I even dogsat for my agent this weekend to persuade him that now is the perfect opportunity to hold a one week sale of my gallery prints AND reduce his commission for the good of the Lisolette Gilcrest Goes to Vegas Charity Fund, and so courtesy of Adam Owen Layne (bless his heart) of Streetwise Art, I'm offering a selection of my prints (including some Limited Edition sets) at up to half price.  You will have to contact me via a note here on LiveJournal to purchase your prints!  I leave next Sunday morning so the sale ends then, meaning that now is the time to get your prints while the gettin' is good!  Check out the sale here:
 

Vegas, Baby, Vegas!

 
In the meanwhile, the Summerotica Show at Severance Gallery in Detroit is in full swing and continues through Saturday, August 25th - so check out the gallery in the Eastern Market District each Saturday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm or call the lovely Director Josefine at 313.832.3744 for a private viewing (ooh la la!).  Additionally, due to enormous demand Josefine has scheduled a second reception to be held on Saturday, August 18th from 8:00 pm until midnight - it will be an informal affair with most of the artists making a dish to pass and embracing the opportunity to meet with enthusiasts.  If you missed the Opening Reception, don't miss this event!  You can see an exclusive preview of the exhibition and some pictures of the first reception at:
 

Summerotica Opening Reception

 
Finally, I'm prepping for my next exhibit at the People's Arts Festival/Russell Free Festival hosted at the Russell Industrial Center on Saturday, September 15th, 2007.  I'll be exhibiting and selling more prints in an individual kiosk (at my regular prices), as well as being exhibited through a collection that Streetwise Art will be displaying in a private gallery during the festival.  The festival promises to be a fantastic time with some of the best artists (in every medium, including performance art, musicians and filmmakers) in the region, so stay tuned for more details on this, too, but be sure to save that date!

2 comments:

dfklldoind said...

Hey....I linked to you finally.

Have a great time in Vegas Baby!!!

Say hi to the Elvis's for me.

bt

Lisolette Gilcrest said...

Thanks for the link, BT! And thanks for the well-wishing! It's going to be a blast...